Director of Design & Exhibits
Remote, Preferred Tri-State Area
- Work with style guides and maintain Brand integrity through enforcement of identity standards
- Work with existing templates, assets, and documents
- Design new templates for new projects
- Keep typographic styles and make adjustments when appropriate
- Graphic design for all Marketing & Advertising needs including:
- Design and edit printed and digital ads (still and animation)
- Create social ads and posts
- Create email banners
- Create visual assets for website
- Graphic design for all Events & Programming requests including:
- Create and edit social media assets
- Design for email communication and Eventbrite
- Create and edit signage and other printed materials (i.e. flyers, postcards)
- Other design needs for larger programming i.e. Block Party or Poster House birthday (posters, signage, vinyl wraps, merchandise, etc.)
- Graphic design for the Shop & Café including:
- Product development
- labels and stickers
- Web banners
- Prepare product images for website (retouch photos and place in templates and export for web)
- Graphic design for Education department including:
- Design biannual Activity Cards
- Create assets for Poster Kids event series
- Create web banners and other digital assets
- Design and edit signage and other printed materials (i.e. handout cards and brochures, stickers and labels, Educator’s Guide)
- Graphic design for General Operations & Security including:
- biannual window vinyl and scaffold wraps
- Signage, wayfinding, and flags
- admission stickers, business cards, nametags, lanyards, jackets
- Graphic design for Membership & Development including
- Update biannual brochure and bulk mailing
- Update and/or create new season preview animation
- Update presentation decks (i.e. Corporate Membership deck, rental one sheet, etc),
- Create other printed materials (i.e. cards, envelopes, event signage, stickers, giveaways etc.)
- Create other digital assets and animations (i.e. custom design for a Sponsor a Student campaign or Poster House birthday, etc.)
- Create digital and physical mock-ups for designs
- Receive and review proofs either digital or printed and be available for quality control
- File management and organization (MacBook, G-Suite, internal server)
- Other projects and or tasks as assigned
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of working experience
Preferred: working for an extended time with a single brand(s) with portfolio showing brand guide implementation, brand expression and growth
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- Animation and typographic animation skills
- Photo editing and retouch, color correction
- Ability to understand brand guidelines and follow directions
- Strong understanding of composition, color, and typography
- Exceptional remote work ethic
- Project management skills, communication skills (keeping the team updated on progress or delays, voicing concerns, as well as listening), ability to take ownership of a project,
- Self-evaluation skills, willingness to learn and teach
About the environment:
This is a remote position with occasional trips to Poster House located at 119 23rd Street, NYC, and will require communication with teammates using Google Suite, Google Chat, Asana, and Airtable.
The Design & Exhibits team is committed to high quality work that starts with the process and continues beyond the design. It’s how we interact with our colleagues, vendors and installers, how we deal with problems that may and will arise. We’re looking for respectful humans who know how to communicate, self-evaluate, and are willing to learn at any stage of their careers.
Interested in the role? Please apply by emailing email@example.com.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY
In accordance with Poster House’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or influenza, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Poster House mandates that all staffers who work on site at the museum are vaccinated in an effort to protect the health and safety of both our staff and our visitors. Poster House provides 4 hours of PTO in order to receive the vaccination and can assist in making an appointment, or staffers can make their own appointment online. New employees must have 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson, by their start date with Poster House, and will be required to show proof of vaccination by showing their physical vaccination card, or using the Excelsior Pass or other government sanctioned vaccine app. All vaccine related information will be kept private under HIPAA regulations by Poster House and its employees.
If employees have a qualifying medical exemption or sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from getting that vaccine, they should request a Reasonable Accommodation Form from the Museum Director, which will be reviewed by the Director as well as HR representatives at ADP. Employees may be required to substantiate their request for exemption with the appropriate documentation. Staff will not be subject to discrimination or retaliation based on their vaccination status.
Those who are unvaccinated will not be able to come to the museum in person without submitting to additional testing, masking, and other precautions including being placed on unpaid leave until further determinations can be made.
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Poster House is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other criterion specified by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its employment policy.